Just heard from our friends at Trion Tavern in New Haven, putting on the "Brew Haven Beer Festival." Below is a cut/paste job from the email they sent me.
• Brew Haven is going to be part of Sam Adams' "Beer Lover's Choice" promotion: attendees will get to taste samples of their as-yet-unreleased Oaked Ale and Maple Pecan Porter... and then cast their official vote on which should be added to the Samuel Adams family of beers!! Sam Adams is only doing this at their Boston brewery and "select events around the country". Plus, SA is also sending kegs of an Oak-Aged Porter (which they do not bottle or sell, its for festival only) and the Hallertau Mittelfrueh version of their "Deconstructed" Latitude 48 IPA (that only comes in a "limited release" variety pack).
Also on tap:
• New Belgium: 1554 Enlightened Black Ale, Blue Paddle Pils, Abbey Grand Cru & Trippel
• Founder's: Centennial IPA & Porter
• Stone: Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
• Lexington: Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
• Flat12 Bierwerks: Half Cycle IPA, Upside Down Blonde, and "a one-off of something special"
• Upland: 3+, TBD
• Sun King: 3, TBD
• Goose Island: TBD
• Three Floyds: at least Gumballhead, maybe another
• Mad Anthony: "a specialty beer" and maybe another
Plus, DOZENS of other beers from the rest of the line-up and plenty of
This inaugural Brew Haven will feature 6 Indiana breweries and 3 from